Thursday, October 16, 2014

Workshop on Wheat Data Standards and Interoperability

A really interesting workshop on Wheat Data Standards and Interoperability, titled "Bringing together the building-blocks of a common framework" took place between October 1-2, 2014 at Versailles, hosted by INRA. The Workshop aimed to continue the work that takes place in the context of the RDA Wheat Data Interoperability Working Group towards providing a common, open-standard framework for describing, representing, linking, and publishing wheat data.

Even though I was participating in the previous RDA Plenary Meetings on behalf of Agro-Know, this time I did not make it to the 4th Plenary meeting in Amsterdam (it was a good thing that my colleague +Andreas Drakos did!) nor to the INRA Workshop; for the latter, the hosts were kind enough to include my colleague Effie among the invited attendees so we had the opportunity to have a closer look on the progress of the group; of course I am still keeping an eye on everything related to the Group and participate (even remotely). However, I missed the chance to meet my good friends +Odile Hologne , Esther Dzale and Richard Fulss, with whom we usually have interesting discussions during the RDA Plenaries (and not limited to these events!).


Even though I miss travelling as much as I used to, I have to admit that I like the fact that my colleagues have the opportunity to contribute to the networks that Agro-Know is a member of and represent Agro-Know in such important events!

No comments:

Post a Comment